- This is a new plant launched in 2013.
- 550 000 tonnes of rolled steel every year.
- Stack gas scrubbing efficiency is 99.4%.
- Over 1 050 jobs.
- 600 000 tonnes of scrap processed every year.
- Construction longs, rolled structural steel bars made of high-alloyed and carbon steels.
The principal raw material for this new subsidiary is steel scrap collected in many regions, including the Tyumen Region, the Khanty-Mansi and Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Districts, Russia.
During the first year of operation, Electrosteel of Tyumen mastered the production of plain and deformed steel REBARS and ROUNDS BARS, ranging between 10 and 40mm in diameter, in accordance with the requirements of the State Standards, GOSTs.
In 2017, Electrosteel of Tyumen entered the rolled structurals market. It successfully manufactures REBARS, ROUND BARS, HEXAGON BARS, SQUARE BARS, and EQUAL-LEG ANGLES from high-alloyed and carbon steels.
Currently, the mastering and tuning of the finishing line is in progress. It will extend the product range with special finish products. Structurals straightening, peeling and polishing, as well as end trimming, chamfering, cutting to measured and multiple lengths will allow the mini-mill to enter new markets with added-value products for the machine building and automotive industries.
Electrosteel of Tyumen includes two process stages, namely, melting and rolling. The mini-mill executes a fast operational cycle by melting ferrous scrap and then using it to manufacture merchantable steel products. This mini-mill operates a high-tech equipment manufactured by such European companies as Danieli, Siad Mi, Sic:
- electric arc furnace (70 tonnes)
- ladle furnace for ladle refining
- vacuum degasser
- continuous casting machine
- rolling mill